Running Rspec Inside Vim
we threw together a quick video demonstrating how to get instant spec feedback on your code changes right in your editor - brilliant for those of us who test-drive our code.
Used in this Video is:
- Vim 7.3 (actually, MacVim’s binary in a terminal).
- conque 2.3 - allows running interactive console apps in a vim buffer.
- cmdalias.vim - nicely manages vim command aliases so that they don’t unexpected expand.
- guard - watches project files for changes and runs appropriate actions.
- guard-rspec - Guard plugin for running specs based on regex matches.
I have customised my .vimrc somewhat so that ConqueTerm’s rather long commands are shortened as much as possible: